Midwest Sports Medicine Institute was created for one reason: to improve the health and lives of our patients. Our aim is to preserve our patients' ability to exercise, since exercise is essential for maintaining health and wellness. We are serious about keeping you active.
We see both elite athletes and everyday people who are concerned about their health. Most of our patients see us for musculoskeletal pain or injury, and other patients consult us for a wide variety of exercise-related problems. The vast majority of musculoskeletal injuries can and should be treated non-operatively, which is exactly our area of focus.
We also committed to serving female athletes. Women constitute the majority of our patients, and their musculoskeletal and exercise-related concerns range from stress fractures to rotator cuff issues. A thorough evaluation for the cause of such disorders is warranted, and in women, the causative factors are often different from those in men. For example, rotator cuff impingement in women tends to be more of a functional, dynamic problem, whereas in men, it tends to be more often degenerative in nature.
One of the most important services we provide is on-site musculoskeletal ultrasound imaging. This allows a degree of diagnostic precision that is otherwise impossible. The following ultrasound image demonstrate the type of rotator cuff tear that might not be fully appreciated by MRI.
We are a full-service Sports Medicine clinic, providing the following services:
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) injections
- Evaluating and treating bone and joint injury and pain
- Muscle injury – both strains and impact injuries
- Non-operative fracture treatment
- Hip pain, including evaluation for the presence of a labral tear
- Evaluation of back pain and injury
- On the job injury
- Exercise treadmill testing
- Evaluation of just about any exercise-related concern
- High-speed video analysis of motion in sports
- Treatment of exercise-induced asthma